Monday, April 25, 2011

Drew Brophy

So our friend Drew Brophy was profiled by SurfShot Magazine and gave Mark a little shout out! Drew was on our team back in the day and painted boards at the store. Look out for more news about Drew in the coming weeks.

When is the last time you surfed? A couple days ago at Lowers in San Clemente.  Two sessions, Cottons in the morning, Lowers in the afternoon.
When did you start surfing and who got you started?My older brother Tommy put me on a board when I was about 4 or 5.  It was an instant addiction!
What was your first board and do you still have it?When I was a kid, there were only a few small boards in my hometown of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  The smallest board in town was a 5’8” Bing – it was like the town bicycle – everyone in Myrtle Beach rode it at one point.  We all got our turn.
What was the 1st piece of art you sold and to whom? It was probably Mark Allison at the local surf shop. He hired me to draw polar bears in wetsuits for a newspaper ad!  I was a teenager then, about 14 or 15.
Continue Reading Here

No comments:

Post a Comment